Ongoing restoration of endangered inner Bay of Fundy Atlantic salmon to the Petitcodiac River 2021
Recipient: Fort Folly First Nation
Approved Amount: $30,000 Year Approved: 2021
Carry out iBoF Atlantic salmon recovery actions on Petitcodiac River tributaries
- Carry out LGB unfed fry releases into nursery habitat of Petitcodiac watershed.
- Install, monitor & implement a mark-recapture protocol using a counting fence targeting out-migrating salmon smolts on the Pollett River, Petitcodiac watershed
- Limited sampling and collections of out migration of smolts using fyke nets on Little River, Petitcodiac watershed.
- Collect and transport smolt to FSR marine conservation farm.
- Maintain adult salmon antenna detection array on Pollett & Little Rivers.
- Carry out juvenile salmon assessment via electro-fishing surveys.
- Carry out adult salmon enumeration snorkel survey(s).
- Release FSR adult salmon to Petitcodiac.
- Release non-target LGB adult salmon to Petitcodiac.
- Carry out redd surveys if conditions allow.
- Collect fall parr from nursery habitat for overwintering at MBF.
- Transport of immature non-target LGB post smolts to FSR site, if available.
- Public outreach and engagement.
All activities contributing to the continuing strategy & objective of realizing higher presence, at all life stages, of endangered iBoF Atlantic salmon in the Petitcodiac River watershed working towards achieving historic levels.
Contact: Chef Rebecca Knockwood, email@example.com