Nepisiguit Salmon Assessment & Enhancement.
The 2015 project will process ~100,000 eyed salmon eggs from Charlo FCS through streamside incubation boxes set up by NSA volunteers, assisted by Glencore and DNR, at the NB Hydro facility at Nepisiguit Falls. Boxes will be loaded in early May, monitored into June, and then stocked to the Nepisiguit River.
- Electroseining surveys will be conducted in the summer of all streams to give an ongoing picture of the relationship between juveniles and returning adults, also to check on previous spawning success;
- Water quality surveys, mainly temperature and pH, predator and environmental surveys are carried out throughout;
- Minor obstructions to fish passage are removed as encountered;
- Stream surveys, to check on habitat, are carried out in September as is data compilation;
- Spawning surveys are carried out in late October – early November.
Contact: Robert W. Baker, 506-546-5279, email@example.com