Meduxnekeag Watershed Salmon Habitat Restoration Plan.
Meduxnekeag River Association will participate in the development of a trans-border salmon habitat restoration plan for the Meduxnekeag watershed, a process being facilitated through a partnership between the US Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) and the Houlton Band of Maliseet Indians (HBMI).
The plan will document:
- Goals, objectives, problems and opportunities;
- Existing conditions including land use, geology, hydrology, water quality, habitat, and present salmon populations and return estimates;
- Obstacles and constraints;
- Restoration measures with cost estimates for implementation and maintenance; and,
- Implement recommendations.
This work will be guided by a Technical Review Committee that includes representation from research institutes, regulatory agencies and First Nations. Representatives will be from Canada and the United States. The Corps will prepare the plan based on input from the project proponents and the committee.
Contact : George Peabody, 506-328-8227, firstname.lastname@example.org