For Bonaventure River sustainable future: development of an area suited management method – phase II.
Recipient: Conseil de l'Eau Gaspésie Sud
Approved Amount: $10,000 Year Approved: 2015
Objectives of the proposal:
- Mobilize and actively engage all stakeholders concerned with the river sustainable development;
- Identify creative and relevant tools for the river sustainable development;
- Enable joint actions on the river;
- Promote awareness and long term protection of Atlantic salmon population and its habitat;
- Equip municipalities of the region with development management tools in relation to the river;
- Help as much as possible limit the negative impacts of existing or emerging recreational and vacation activities on the river’s unique and authentic character;
- Equip stakeholders of the tourism sector with practical and applicable tools to promote harmonization of the river uses and its preservation;
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and expertise acquired during the project to other communities.
Contact: Michel Chouinard, 418-534-2770, firstname.lastname@example.org