Atlantic Salmon Education in Newfoundland & Labrador 2023
The Atlantic Salmon Education in Newfoundland & Labrador 2023 project will build on expertise developed by offering education opportunities within Salmonier Nature Park as well as through outreach throughout the province. Programming will be developed for school kids, the general public interested in nature and outdoors; as well as for those interested in getting more information and skills around fishing for Atlantic Salmon. The goal of the project is to increase awareness, understanding and education on Atlantic salmon and wetlands in Newfoundland & Labrador.
The program will have 5 components:
- Awareness session for schools and youth groups;
- Atlantic Salmon Awareness Weekend July 2023;
- Fly tying and fly casting training;
- Mentored Atlantic Salmon opportunity;
- How to workshops that focus on how to fillet and prepare Atlantic Salmon as well as alternative uses such as creating crafting items with Atlantic Salmon tanned leather and learning how to tan the salmon leather.