Stream Classification for the Northern Appalachian – Acadian Region of CanadaJanuary 31, 2019
A freshwater conservation project presented by
The Nature Conservancy of Canada.
- To identify portions of an aquatic network that have similarities in their ecological characteristics:
- No Seamless Ecological Classification Available
- Develop Common Mapping and Habitat Definitions
- Provide a Standardized Approach
The Nature Conservancy of Canada (NCC) have been developing a number of freshwater conservation planning tools for the Maritimes and eastern Quebec.
Please Note: All the datasets, report, and tools are freely available for download at the Two Countries, One Forest (2C1F) Databasin page below:
For those who are not aware, the Freshwater Conservation Blueprint is composed of three planning tools:
(3) an Aquatic Connectivity Tool