The Atlantic Salmon Conservation Foundation ASCF is an independent, federally incorporated, non-profit organization, which was established through a one-time grant of $30 million from the Government of Canada. The interest generated from investment of the grant is used to support activities related to the conservation of the wild Atlantic salmon and its habitat.
The goal of the Foundation is to help achieve healthy and sustainable wild Atlantic salmon stocks in Atlantic Canada and Quebec through partnerships among volunteer conservation groups, Aboriginal organizations, governments and others.
Who can apply?
- Non-governmental organizations (e.g. community-based conservation organizations, cooperatives, watershed-based organizations, etc.)
- Education institutions
- First Nations and Aboriginal organizations
Note: Partnership among these groups are preferred.
Eligible Project Categories
- Development of salmon and salmon habitat conservation plans for a watershed or sub-watershed (watershed planning)
- Conservation, rebuilding and restoration of wild Atlantic salmon and salmon habitat
- Restoring access of wild Atlantic salmon to salmon habitat
- Public education and awareness of the importance of conservation of wild Atlantic salmon and its habit
- The proposed project must be located in a watershed within the provinces of Québec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia or Newfoundland and Labrador.
- At least $1 million will be available for the 2017 round of grants for projects within Québec and the Atlantic provinces. Submissions for individual projects should not be less than $5,000 nor exceed a maximum of $100,000 (per year).
- Interprovincial funding applications are no longer being accepted by ASCF except in response to a specific Request for Proposals.
- Applied scientific research projects may be submitted under any of the provincial streams, however, going forward a maximum of 20% of available grant funds will be allocated to research initiatives. Taking multi-year projects into account, this may mean that no funds are available for new research projects in some provinces. To inquire about specific provinces, please contact the ASCF office (NB & QC: firstname.lastname@example.org; PEI, NL & NS: email@example.com)
- Proposals are now being accepted for 2017 projects. The final submission date for receipt of proposals is December 15th, 2016 4pm AST.
If you are unable to download the application documents, or are having trouble filling in the forms, please contact a project coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or call 506-455-9900.
All forms from New Brunswick and Québec can be submitted directly by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All forms from Newfoundland, Nova Scotia or Prince Edward Island can be submitted directly by e-mail to email@example.com.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation, please call 506-455-9900 to ensure your proposal has been received.
Download 2017 Instructions
Download 2017 Budget
Download 2017 Application
For currently funded projects, report forms are available below.
Download Progress Report
Download Final Report
Download Budget Form
Download Multi-year End of Year Report